Skip to content
- Emergency Law: Rights, liabilities and duties of emergency workers and volunteers (1st ed 1999; 2nd ed 2005; 3rd ed 2010, 4th ed 2013; The Federation Press, Sydney).
- Hayes and Eburn: Criminal Law and Procedure in NSW (with Robert Hayes, 1st ed 2002, 2nd ed 2005, 3rd ed, 2009; with Rod Howie and Paul Sattler, 4th ed, 2013; with Rod Howie, Paul Sattler and Marissa Hood, 5th ed, 2016, Lexis/Nexis).
- Australia’s International Disaster Response – Laws, Rules and Principles(2010, VDM-Verlag, Saarbrucken, Germany).
- Legal preparedness for international disaster response in Australia: Laws, Policies, Planning and Practices (2010, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Geneva).
- McDonald, F., Eburn, M. and Smith, E., ‘Legal and Ethical Aspects of Disaster Management’ in Fitzgerald, G., Aitken, P., Tarrant, M. and Fredriksen, M. (eds) Disaster Health Management: A Primer for Students and Practitioners (Routledge, 2017).
- Eburn, M., ‘The international law of wildfires‘, in Breau S.C. and Samuel, K.L.H. (eds.), Research Handbook on Disasters and International Law, (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2016).
- Eburn, M., ‘Bushfires and Australian emergency management law and policy: Adapting to climate change and the new fire and emergency management environment‘ in Burton, L and Sun, L (eds) Cassandra’s Curse: Law and Foreseeable Future Disasters (Studies in Law, Politics and Society; Elsevier, 2015).
- Eburn, M., ‘Managing ‘civil contingencies’ in Australia’ in Walker, C. (ed) Contingencies, Resilience and Legal Constitutionalism (Routledge, 2015).
- Eburn, M., ‘Disaster Risk Reduction in the Shadow of the Law’ in Collins, A.E. Jones, S., Manyena, B. and Jayawickrama, J. (eds) Hazards, Risks, and Disasters in Society (Elsevier, 2015, Hazards and Disasters Series)
- Eburn, M., ‘Sharing responsibility and community resilience: The role of law in converting policy to action’ in Clarke, M. and Griffin, G. (eds) Next Generation Disaster Management (Australian Security Research Centre, 2012).
- Eburn, M., ‘International Disaster Law’ in Alam, S., Bhuiyan J.H., Chowdhury, T.M.R. and Techera, E.J. (eds) Routledge Handbook of International Environmental Law (Taylor & Francis/Routledge, Oxford, 2012).